Founded by Sharon and Jerry Miller of the Robert V. and Benjamin G. Miller Fund, Trailways Camp provides camping experiences for adults with disabilities in Southwest Florida. Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida, Inc. has been the service provider for the Trailways Camps since October 2012 and serves 60 campers annually at our overnight camping sessions. Campers enjoy fishing, canoeing, arts and crafts, swimming, campfires, nature walks, and much more at Trailways Camp.
The camp is held at the American Camps Association Accredited Riverside Retreat Center, in LaBelle, Florida.
The Trailways Camp Mission:
- Serving the needs of adults and caregivers
- Developing social connections and recreational skills
- Building relationships and life experiences
Upcoming Camp Sessions:
• October 5th - 8th Monday-Thursday
• February 22th-25th Monday-Thursday
• September 21st-24th Wednesday-Saturday
• November 14th-17th Monday-Thursday
Steps to Register a Camper:
1. Individuals with disabilities who are 18 years of age or older can register online and will be contacted
by the camp coordinator.
2. Campers must submit a physical completed by a doctor.
3. Campers and family/caregivers will meet with the camp coordinator to complete the registration process.
You are not fully registered until this meeting occurs.
4. A $25 registration fee is due by the first day of camp. This is the only fee associated with the camp.
Volunteering at Trailways Camp:
Volunteers make this camp possible!
Complete a volunteer registration form and you will be contacted about how to complete the background screening process
Donations to support Trailways Camp can be made to:
Robert V. & Benjamin G. Miller Fund/SW Florida Community Foundation
8771 College Parkway, Bldg. 2, Suite 201
Ft. Myers, Florida 33919
NO GOODS OR SERVICES WERE PROVIDED IN RETURN FOR THE CONTRIBUTION. GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF SOUTHWEST FLORIDA, INC.'S REGISTRATION # IS CH1930. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FL. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. PLEASE VISIT www.800helpfla.com FOR OFFICIAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.