In partnership with The Robert V. & Benjamin G. Miller Fund, Trailways Camp is a multi-day residential camp for adults with disabilities. The camp is held at the American Camps Assocation Accredited Riverside Retreat Center, in LaBelle, Florida.
The Trailways Camp Mission:
To remove the social isolation often felt by people with disabilities by providing opportunities for fun, friends and support. Through outdoor activities, group exercise, crafts, and more, campers will have the opportunity to develop recreational skills and build relationships. Activities will include, fishing, campfire roasts, canoeing, talent show, a party, movie night, and more!
Looking for Donated Food Services:
See how your gift of Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner can change lives!
Feed 20 adult campers with disabilities plus 20-30 staff/volunteers a buffett style meal. Allergies and dietary restrictions will be communicated in advance. Industrial kitchen available on site if needed.
- Registration for 2015 is now open! Click here to sign up! A paper application can be requested by contacting Jesi Cason at 239-995-2106 ext. 2313.
- March 16th-19th registration is open to anyone 18 and up with a disability. Priority will go to those living at home with a parent/guardian.
- May 21st-24th registration is open to anyone 18 and up with a disability. Priority will go to campers who have attended Trailways Camp before and who live at home with a parent/guardian.
- October 5th-8th registration will open in Summer 2015!
How to Register:
Submit a physical completed by their physician: Any physical completed within one year of the camp date the applicants wishes to attend will be accepted.
- Complete the registration form: This is available both online and in paper format by request.
- Be interviewed by the Camp Coordinator: The coordinator will meet with each applicant and their caregiver in their home to determine how the camp can fit the applicant's needs.
- Submit registration fee of $25: Upon acceptance into the camp, this fee should be paid by the first day of camp. DO NOT submit payment before being interviewed by the camp coordinator. Scholarships and waivers may be available if this fee would cause a financial hardship.
Want to Volunteer for Trailways Camp?
Volunteers make this camp possible!
Complete a volunteer registration form and you will be contacted about how to complete the background screening process.
How to Support Trailways Camp:
- You can donate supplies directly to the camp by purchasing an item from our Amazon wish list!
You can also visit www.trailwayscamps.org to learn more about how to donate to Trailways Camp.
Trailways Camp Newsletter