Founded by Sharon and Jerry Miller of the Robert V. and Benjamin G. Miller Fund, Trailways Camp provides camping experiences for adults with disabilities in Southwest Florida. Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida, Inc. has been the service provider for the Trailways Camps since October 2012 and serves 60 campers annually at our overnight camping sessions. Campers enjoy fishing, canoeing, arts and crafts, swimming, campfires, nature walks, and much more at Trailways Camp.
The camp is held at the American Camps Association Accredited Riverside Retreat Center, in LaBelle, Florida.
The Trailways Camp Mission
- Serving the needs of adults and caregivers
- Developing social connections and recreational skills
- Building relationships and life experiences
Upcoming Camp Sessions
- October 8-11, 2018
- November 12-15, 2018
Activity Schedules for Upcoming Sessions
Steps to Register a Camper:
Open Enrollment Starts today!
- Individuals with disabilities who are 18 years of age or older can apply online and will be contacted by the camp coordinator. A medical form must be submitted online and will need to be endorsed by a doctor.
- Campers and family/caregivers will meet with the camp coordinator to complete the registration process. Campers are not fully registered until this meeting occurs.
- A $25 registration fee is due by the first day of camp. This is the only fee associated with the camp. Voluntary Donations toward the cost of camper participation are encouraged and can be made at www.trailwayscamps.org
Volunteering at Trailways Camp
Volunteers make this camp possible!
Register to volunteer at camp here and you will be contacted about how to complete the background screening process
Become a Camp Counselor
Camp Counselors stay at camp throughout the session and lead a group of 5 campers to their activities, fostering teamwork, sportsmanship, team spirit, and inclusion.
Donations to support Trailways Camp can be made online
Or mail to:
Robert V. & Benjamin G. Miller Fund/SW Florida Community Foundation
8771 College Parkway, Bldg. 2, Suite 201
Ft. Myers, Florida 33919
NO GOODS OR SERVICES WERE PROVIDED IN RETURN FOR THE CONTRIBUTION. GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF SOUTHWEST FLORIDA, INC.'S REGISTRATION # IS CH1930. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FL. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. PLEASE VISIT www.800helpfla.com FOR OFFICIAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.