Volunteer At Goodwill
- Office Work- Light data entry, stuffing envelopes, making phone calls, and other miscellaneous duties in our North Fort Myers offices.
- Special Events- Assist with event preparation, welcome patrons, distribute programs and other materials.
- Donation Drives- Help with organizing a drive or manning an information table.
- Retail- Assist with sorting, hanging, cleaning, moving product to the sales floor. (Twenty-five locations to choose from)
- eCommerce- Assist with processing, packaging, and mailing merchandise.
- Mission Marketing- Spread the word! Distribute flyers at events like book signings and volunteer fairs.
- Baking and Crafting Club- Join us to bake miscellaneous goodies and craft in the name of charity.
- Internships- Become an intern in our PR/Marketing or Retail/Sales departments.
Volunteer at the Festival of Trees
- Committee Member- Help us organize ideas and events. Give input and assistance in decorating, the children's workshop, public relations, hospitality, cleanup, photography, and more. This is a time-intensive activity, but very rewarding!
- Ambassadors- Spread the word to local businesses and organizations about the Festival. Help recruit volunteers. Solicit sponsors and sidlent auction donors.
- Jingle Mingle- Assist with event preparation, event staffing, and followup.
- Event Setup- Decorate the art center, set up and "fluff" trees, help us get in the holiday spirit!
- Festival- Help staff the Festival by welcoming the public, distributing programs, guard the trees, assist in the children's workshop, and more!
- Tux & Trees Gala
- Greeters- Welcome guests
- Registration- Assist with check-in and distribution of auction paddles, programs, etc.
- Tree Angels- Answer questions about our trees and the extravagant gifts that accompany them.
- Silent Auction- Help set up auction, oversee the items, answer any questions.
- Live Auction Runner- Take winning bid amounts to the checkout table.
- Check-out- As the auction closes, prepare items for delivery and distribution
- Wrap-Up- Pack up decorations and prepare trees for delivery.
- Delivery- Travel with the trees to their new homes, set up and "fluff" trees.
Volunteer at Trailways Camp
Volutneer opportunities are available several times a year at the Trailways Camp, a residential camp for adults with disabilities, located at the Riverside Retreat Center in LaBelle Florida.
Some of the opportunities include:
- Camp Counselor- Assist with campers and typical camp activities. Provide general assistance throughout the day/evening. Camp Counselors ensure campers are safe, happy, and engaged in each activity. Counselors are needed for the duration of the camp. Counselors will sleep in the main sleeping lodge.
- Arts & Craft Instructors & Assistants- Assist campers with creating art and using their imagination with a variety of projects and, most importantly, have fun! Volunteers in this category are needed one or more days. Sleeping on premises is optional.
- Game Instructors & Assistants- Volunteers in this category assist campers with board games, musical chairs, and more! These volunteers are needed for one or more days. Sleeping on premises is optional.
- Fishing & Sports- Get down and dirty with our campers as we see who can catch the biggest fish! Fishing takes place every day and provides a fun outdoor activity for our campers. Our campers aso love to be active and do other outdoor activities. Volunteers oversee safety, procedures, and assistance throughout the fishing experience. These volunteers are needed for one or more days. Sleeping on premises is optional.
- Canoeing Instructors & Assistants- Volunteers will assist the campers getting in and out of the canoes/kayaks, provide tandem support, oversee safety, and comfort of campers. Canoeing will take place daily. Volunteers are needed for one or more days. Sleeping on premises is optional.
- Singers/Musician- Musicians are welcome to provide entertainment for various activities (including campfires, Halloween Party, Hayride, Cookouts, and Social Time). Musicians must provide their own instrument, and be available to submit a demo to camp organizers. Country, Folk, Pop- we welcome all appropriate types of music! Acoustic is preferred since some activities may be outdoors. Musicians are needed for one or more days. Sleeping on the premises is optional.
- Storytellers- Do you like telling stories? Are you animated, engaging and creative? Storytellers are welcomed to stay and volunteer in other ways throughout the duration of the camp.
- General Volunteers- Volunteers are needed to assist in setup/cleanup, meal time, transportation from building to building, and general camp activities. These volunteers are needed for one or more days. Sleeping on the premises is optional.