In 2015, Goodwill Secure Shred securely and confidentially destroyed 1.8 million pounds of paper, cardboard, and other recyclable materials. In addition to preventing identity theft, the secure destruction of these materials also benefits the planet. When paper is destroyed in our secure facility, the shredded by-product is baled and shipped to a U.S.-based paper manufacturer, which in turn pulps and recycles the paper into bathroom tissue and other products.
Goodwill's janitorial and floor care services utilize "Green Cleaning" practices. This method uses environmentally-friendly products and procedures. In essence, it's cleaning to protect human health, without harming the environment.
Benefits of Green Cleaning
- Improves indoor air and water quality
- Improves employee health, productivity, and satisfaction
- Reduces exposure to toxic chemicals for building occupants and janitorial workers
- Reduces liability from worker safety issues
- Lowers the environmental impact of the facility